Monday, February 18, 2008

Waipu ukulele or Waipukulele



Bob, me, Jan, Robyn and Mary the Waipu Ukulele Band!






I have been so inspired by the Wellington International Ukulele Orchestra that I asked my friend Robyn to teach me and then we began studying with Bob McNeely, a fantabulous guitar player and teacher. Now there are four of us women playing and two more who would like to join us in the Waipu Ukulele orchestra, also known, perhaps, as Bob and the Waipuukuleles! at a recent party we had our first public performance - truly a rehearsal for our upcoming performance - and we were a hit! At least we were in our own minds...and we had so much fun it was hard to believe. Watch this space for more and perhaps a conncection to YouTube soon!

I am also thrilled to announce that I'm going to the British Ukulele Concert at the Wellington Festival of the Arts soon, and if you think I'm nuts. google both British ukulele and Wellington Ukulele and check out their videos on You Tube.

2 comments:

Baly Gaudin said...

Hey Sony, thats so cool you guys are performing already! i cant wait to play with you when you come down here for the british uke orchestra. You should join this forum, - http://you.kulele.net/kickapps/service/displayHomePageExperience.kickAction?page=Homepage&as=15590

it's pretty much just a small group of Ukulele players brought together by the guy who does ukulelehunt.com (the internets #1 ukulele sight!!!!) but its really useful if you have any queries or anything regarding technique and songs and what not. try to spot my posts haha.

Sandra said...

Cool, Baly, I guess that means I should bring my uke! Thanks, I'll join the forum.