Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Romance and Women's Literature

What a great weekend I had at the last Kara School of Romance Writing Workshop.  Tutors Daphne De Jong and Robyn Kingston (who writes as Robyn Donald) have published many titles each - Daphne in many genres (a fabulous writer who can create gut wrenching scenarios) and Robyn - 84 delicious Romance novels - Mills & Boone sorts.  Have you read any?

I have a story in mind as my first novel and I've begun it... now will I finish it? The support of the other writers in the workshop (2 from Australia and 2 others from NZ) and Daphne's and Robyn's encouragement make me think it is a worthwhile endeavour!

 Meanwhile, I've been waiting YEARS for my first white King Protea, and here it is! Stunning, eh? My first plant never prospered, then died, so I tried again with a second and to my great pleasure, the white ones have been opening for months outside my bathroom window.

Below the white is the King Protea with normal colouration (coloration in America).  They are huge - big as a baby's head anyway.

So now I've got to go as I've been asked to speak to the Waipu Lion's Club tonight, about growing up on the US/Mexican border and I've got to do some research plus make up a slide show. oooh, I can feel butterflies - I haven't done much public speaking for a while.

No comments: