Tuesday, September 11, 2007

September 11



Today I'm thinking about learning to drive a digger. They are very handy around here and can do soooOOOooo much in such a short time. It is unfathomable to me how you dig to precise depths with one, but I could probably nut out moving plants, building ponds and placing rocks. Maybe that is what I'll do now that I'm a grown up baby boomer!

Out with the old

Another stranger/friend has come and gone...this was Sebastien from Belgium, a 26-year-old accountant who is travelling for several months and had come to me from South America. I think he really liked it here. He enjoyed the birdsong and the storm with high seas as well as his last day today...sunny and warm.

His project here was to take the remaining plastic off the derelict green house so we can put on the new plastic. He is calm and ordered and worked willingly, painting the battens or 2X1 boards that will hold the plastic on.

Today Sebastien left for Sydney.

I showed four local artists around my home and property today and I'd say they were pleasantly surprised! Panache was a word I heard, and they liked the wild colour and the occasional order amidst the Glorious Tangle.

In with the new...

Next week I have three young English women arriving. YAY! Before then I must compare 3 short stories by New Zealand authors, do a second course in using Outlook , plant lots of spring seeds and take a trip to Rawene for a society of authors meeting.

Greg has made a photo gallery for my website so soon I'll have pictures up for your perusal. We spent the weekend being sport nuts and watching the World Cup rugby, just for a change!

No comments: